At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as Senior Corporate Counsel!
The Senior Corporate Counsel provides advice and counsel on a wide variety of issues including commercial, regulatory, compliance, litigation, purchasing, and more by interacting with all levels of the organization as a key Director-level employee with the possibility for management responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in the exciting and fast-paced environment of medical diagnostics and infectious disease testing.Primary responsibilities include:
Qualifications:Training and Education
- Performing all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Managing a wide range of complex transactional matters, including leading the drafting and negotiating of contracts with a significant focus on supporting key sales, marketing, quality, operational, and purchasing initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Working closely with Compliance teams, interprets and assess applicable laws, regulations, guidance, and industry standards, including but not limited to federal and state fraud and abuse laws, anti-corruption laws, pricing and reimbursement policies, and more to effectively understand and manage risk.
- Reviewing marketing and promotional materials for compliance with company policies, industry standards, applicable laws and regulations. Provides guidance regarding same.
- Providing analysis and counsel on other relevant legal issues as they arise, including but not limited to regulatory approval processes, real estate and bankruptcy matters, advertising, competition law, and more.
- Partnering closely with other Legal and Compliance department colleagues on various initiatives.
- Managing external legal counsel to ensure appropriate service and quality levels and to contains costs.
- Assisting in managing and supervising junior Legal department employees.
- Designing and delivering training programs for business colleagues at all levels of the organization on a variety of subjects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
: J.D. from a highly regarded law school and active membership in at least one U.S. bar required.Experience
: At least eight plus years’ of relevant law firm or in-house legal experience, including reviewing and negotiating complex agreements. Must be a collaborative team player able to build relationships with colleagues and be willing to work with creativity, flexibility, and enthusiasm to achieve results and solve problems.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A strong negotiator who can partner with commercial and purchasing teams throughout the transactional process from beginning-to-end, in order to provide practical, timely, and solution-oriented advice, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.