Are you passionate about applying your legal skills to advance diagnostics solutions around the world?
As part of U.S. Legal Diagnostics Solutions, you will be part of a globally networked team of legal professionals who support all aspects of product strategy, development and manufacturing for Roche Diagnostics in the United States, Switzerland, and Germany, as well as around the globe.
You will provide legal services to multiple areas of our business, including applied research, product development and product lifecycle management, facilities, manufacturing, supply chain, and business development. This will include support for one or more leadership teams responsible for particular product areas within the business.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to assess and anticipate legal and business risks associated with complex projects and also possess a strong aptitude for learning new science and technologies. You should be able to communicate well-reasoned recommendations to senior executives and business stakeholders clearly and concisely. You should be comfortable with calibrating and advising on acceptable levels of risk commensurate with broader business objectives. You will be expected to structure, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements and develop and recommend innovative solutions to complex legal and business issues.Responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day legal matters employing considerable independent legal judgment, experience and analysis, and drawing on the deep knowledge and experience of colleagues across Roche, to determine compliant yet practical legal responses and planning to meet business needs.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of legal documents, including co-development agreements, technology licenses, software development agreements, supply agreements, research agreements, and service agreements.
- Provide strategic assistance and guidance on general legal matters to assigned business groups.
- Develop and present legal training regarding various topics of relevance to and in support of business needs.
- Assist in preparation and/or revision of contract templates and accompanying instructions for use company-wide.
- Help develop and implement new ways of supporting the business that are ever more efficient and effective.
- Assist with other general corporate and business matters as required, including providing overflow support and/or guidance to other Roche Diagnostics legal professionals.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- JD with appropriate state license or registered in-house counsel for relevant state.
- Undergraduate: Medical engineering or biochemical sciences degree a plus.
- 8+ years experience handling commercial transactional and/or litigation matters in the U.S., preferably in the life sciences industry, at a respected law firm and/or multinational corporation.
- Knowledge of information technology/software matters a plus.