LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.Key Responsibilities:
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced in-house attorney to join its team as Senior Corporate Counsel. LP is a leading provider of high-performance building solutions with operations in North and South America. This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel and will partner across all business segments on a variety of matters, with heavy emphasis on contract negotiations for manufacturing, distribution and sales, procurement, IT, marketing and logistics. As part of a collaborative group that works across all functions and levels in the company, this individual must thrive in a high-performing, pro-business environment.The person in this remote/in-office hybrid position will, among other things:
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise our global business teams on a variety of commercial agreements.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard contract templates, form agreements and legal processes.
- Contribute to the development of innovative ideas and processes.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business on legal issues and legal impact of business decisions.
- Identify and resolve complex legal issues requiring in-dept consideration of multiple factors.
- Support the businesses with their growth and transformation initiatives.
- Collaborate with various business teams to achieve corporate objectives and mitigate risk.
- Assist with coverage of other general corporate and legal matters, as needed.
- Supervise paralegals.
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, set appropriate priorities with clients, and deliver results efficiently.
- Exercise autonomy judiciously.
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company’s enthusiastic and fast-paced environment.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one U.S. state and eligible to be admitted to practice law in the State of Tennessee.
- At least 8-10 years of experience, with a heavy focus on contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- The ability to handle responsibility with a minimum of supervision.
- Previous in-house experience required, preferably in a multi-national manufacturing organization.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by prioritizing projects and responding efficiently and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- A team player who is collaborative, resourceful, flexible, and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), research skills and attention to detail.
- Good business judgment, high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact, and ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive business matters.