Masur Griffitts Avidor LLP (MGA) is a boutique law firm based in NYC and LA servicing founders, investors, and emerging companies that advises on corporate, intellectual property, venture financing, mergers and acquisitions, and related contract work matters. Many of our clients are growth-stage companies in the creative, technology, cannabis, blockchain and crypto, and consumer product industries. For many clients, MGA plays an outside general counsel role.
We are looking for a senior corporate associate to join our growing team. This position will focus on general corporate matters. The ideal candidate has experience in startup formation, venture capital, equity financing transactions, and corporate governance. Additionally, the ideal candidate will excel at project management, managing due diligence, cap table management, and will have experience negotiating directly with opposing counsel.
JD from accredited law school
- NY or CA license
- 10+ years of relevant experience at a law firm
- Advanced verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of attorneys
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work product and client experience
- Skilled project manager; ability to manage multiple, complex transactions simultaneously
*Role is remote to start due to Covid-19, then based in NYC or CA as of September 2021
Available benefits include 21 days of PTO, 401k company match, health, dental, and vision coverage
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.