We are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to work in our Global Legal Department. This is an individual contributor position, reporting to the Associate General Counsel – Americas. The position is based in our global headquarters in the Woodlands, TX.
This position will manage all aspects of legal support and advice for clients of all divisions of the Company, including the purchase and sale of goods, acquisition and provision of services, and management of outside counsel under engagement in the region. In particular, we are looking for a lawyer with comprehensive operations experience and practice. Experience advising clients on major capital projects and investments a significant plus. The position will involve interactions with all levels of management in the Company and will require a thorough understanding of the Company's values, strategy, risk management and commercial philosophies.What Are We Looking for in the Ideal Candidate?
What Will Be Expected from You?
- Be a member of the Texas bar (or of another US jurisdiction) in good standing;
- Have at least 12 years of relevant business / commercial practice experience in a top tier law firm or as in-house counsel in a large law department
- Comprehensive legal experience in general corporate and commercial matters. Experience with UCC-governed contracts is required
- Experience advising on contracts with the government a strong plus
- Experience advising clients on all aspects of major capital projects and investments, including greenfield and brownfield investment opportunities and recurring plant T&I (Turnaround and Inspections) is a plus
- Experience in the manufacturing sector (or chemical industry) is a plus
Skills and Specifications:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts involving acquisition of raw materials, services and sale of goods
- Advise clients on a broad range of legal matters, including transactions, regulatory work, claim triage and litigation
- Provide appropriate training on legal topics and processes, and promote training and support on the use of various legal department electronic tools
- Liaise with other shared service functions including Procurement, Tax, Treasury, Credit EHS, IT and HR to ensure alignment with all relevant stakeholders in business transactions
- Monitor and advise clients on current and new legislation affecting business operations
- Monitor and advise on current and new legislation and other regulatory matters and developments; Provide training as needed
- Conduct all other legal work assigned from time to time
- Post Covid travel may be required from time to time
What Can We Offer You?
- Must have strong influencing capability, be proactive and develop strong relationships with internal clients
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to handle a large workload and prioritize well
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other legal team members around the world
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.Here, You Can Make an Impact and Make a Difference. Come Join Us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.