About the Team:
DoorDash is hiring a seasoned business-minded commercial lawyer to join our legal team at a very exciting time for our rapidly growing business. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.About the Role
You will work closely with teams throughout the company, focusing on supporting our marketing, partnerships, strategy & ops, policy, and new business teams to enable the business to continue to scale. You’ll draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, provide business-focused strategic counsel, and help clients problem-solve at every turn.
The DoorDash legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for the confident, supportive approach to our style of counsel, always with a bias for action. We are team players, generous to our colleagues, and we deeply value looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
We’re excited about you because…
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements, from contracts with major national restaurant brands, high-value marketing arrangements, strategic partnership agreements, to terms that enable the launch of new products and partnerships. We value efficiency and clear, concise drafting that drives towards a quick close.
- Improve contract templates and legal processes. As we grow and innovate, you’ll be responsible for iterating on existing tools and designing new processes that help the business scale rapidly.
- Counsel business teams developing new products and programs to ensure legal compliance and make DoorDash's technology platform an even more powerful tool for the merchants, consumers, and delivery providers we serve.
- You have a strong track record of owning the end-to-end negotiation of high dollar value, high visibility, complex commercial agreements, including sales agreements, brand marketing agreements, and strategic partnership agreements.
- You have a strong track record of ownership over internal initiatives and a proven ability to project manage and coordinate across cross-functional stakeholders.
- You can go high and go low, partnering with strategic business development teams from early term sheet conversations through deal close as well as designing processes that enable our team to scale.
- You are able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable making decisions and relish ownership over projects.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You see the glass as half full and pride yourself on your ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- 8+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Prior in-house experience required.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy.
- Experience with cross-border commercial partnerships.
- Experience in the payments space.
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights