Air Products seeks a Business Attorney in its Americas Law Department in Allentown, PA to provide transactional and compliance legal support to the Company’s North American Region. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and business-minded lawyer to join a long-established and highly reputable global company. This position provides an exciting, multifaceted and challenging workload with an excellent compensation package, potential for career advancement, and periodic remote work flexibility.
The candidate will take a leadership role in supporting various project development, product sales and engineering and equipment procurement transactions, including negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts, letters of intent and joint venture arrangements, and managing inside and outside legal resources in supporting very significant project development activities. The role will also include providing compliance counseling to business clients, general managers and senior executives, and handling and resolving commercial disputes and coordinating cross-functional legal support with tax, finance and legal professionals at our headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The workload is as varied as it is challenging, and includes providing support to structure and consummate significant and complex industrial and commercial transactions, including new world-scale sustainability projects featuring green and blue ammonia and hydrogen products to power hydrogen-fueled vehicles, carbon capture and sequestration projects to reduce the Company’s carbon footprint, product supply agreements, long and medium term offtake agreements, power purchase agreements, transportation and pipeline supply agreements, equipment sales, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements, real estate acquisitions, leases and easements, and legal support and training on regulatory matters, including competition law.Key Responsibilities:
- This candidate must bring a broad business orientation in engaging in the following activities:
- Developing strong client relationships with business leaders (and their staffs) across the enterprise and providing those clients with the highest level of service through counseling on contract interpretation, contract negotiation, review and drafting, advocacy, problem solving and education, and advising on potential risks and opportunities associated with operational and strategic decisions
- Negotiating, structuring, drafting and amending major commercial contracts
- Collaborating with other business leaders to evaluate, manage and execute significant customer transactions or initiatives
- Assisting with a range of potential projects involving capital investments and joint ventures
- Partnering with the tax and finance functions on relevant transactions
- Managing outside counsel for large transactional projects
- Handling disputes with an eye toward avoiding litigation; drafting commercial settlement agreements
- Providing advice and training to internal clients on contracting and legal compliance matters
- Operating in a team environment, including regular collaboration with other company attorneys
- Minimum 10 years of business and transactional experience in private practice or a corporate legal department; experience with real estate and construction law is a plus.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.