Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Open Competitive opportunity- Any applicant who meets the minimum requirements of the position.
This position requires being a member of the Florida Bar in good standing.
Position may require some travel to surrounding areas, applicant must be willing and able to travel for work purposes.
Note: Applicants must complete all fields in the Candidate Profile. Work history with month, year, and hours worked are required to qualify for this position. Responses to Qualifying Questions must be verifiable in the Candidate Profile. Resumes and other documentation can be attached to provide additional information. ***
- Employees of the Agency for Persons with Disabilities are required to demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service. This includes, but is not limited to, always acting in a responsive, professional, courteous manner with the employees, customers and public we serve at all times.
- Serves as the public records coordinator under s. 110.12, F.S. Responds to all subpoenas and coordinates with Communications on Agency responses to any inquiries. Interacts with agency staff to acquire records; reviews and redacts records according to state and federal requirements; sends invoices and receives payments; tracks requests through to completion. Informs the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel of requests and progress.
- Serves as the Agency’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance officer. Reviews Agency action to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulation, including coordinating required notices in the event of a breach.
- Serves as a backup rule’s attorney. Works with the senior attorney in charge of rulemaking to draft and review proposed rules for both substantive and technical legality. Participates in rule development, rule workshops, and rule hearings as assigned.
- Delegates assigned duties to support staff and the Attorney SES position in coordination with the Deputy General Counsel.
- Provides legal representation on a variety of issues to the Agency under the direction of the General Counsel. Timely responds to oral and written requests from Agency personnel as directed by the General Counsel. Legal advice and guidance require careful research, exploration of the underlying facts, and discussions with appropriate staff.
- Represents the Agency in litigation in various forums to include state trial and appellate courts, federal trial and appellate courts, and state and federal administrative forums.
- Conducts legal research, interprets statutes, reviews regulations, rules, and operating procedures as necessary in carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor’s litigation assigned to outside counsel, providing legal opinions, and direction. Provides updates to the General Counsel as necessary.
- Assists with the development and analysis of proposed legislation, rules, and policies/procedures.
- Conducts administrative tasks associated with this position such as scheduling hearings, maintaining calendars, preparing evidence packages, coordinating witnesses, et cetera.
- Assists with training Agency staff as needed.
- Travels as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: 28th September, 2021