Testan Law, a national insurance defense firm, is seeking to expand its Missouri practice. The firm has immediate openings for a senior attorney / managing partner within its workers’ compensation department for its Kansas City, MO, office. Ideal candidates must be experienced attorneys who have strong litigation, verbal and writing skills, and a demonstrable revenue history with substantial portable client relationships. Applicants must be in good standing with the Missouri Bar Association.
The ideal candidate will handle all aspects of defending workers' compensation claims for benefits including medical, disability, impairment, coverage, and employment defenses for clients including insurance companies, third party administrators and employer representatives. Handle all aspects of litigation, including discovery, depositions, trials, arbitrations, liens, and settlement negotiations and documents.
- Case evaluation and preparation
- Prepare for and attend hearings/depositions
- Report on hearing, depositions, appearances
- Correspond as needed
- File pleadings in response to applicants’ claims filed
- Prepare correspondence to clients regarding status and updates of active claims
- Perform legal research and analyze cases
- Develop/recommend case strategy
- Develop plan of action
- Negotiate settlements
- Administrative duties as they relate to the practice of law
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of workers' comp law
- Ability to spot legal issues in other areas
- Ability to manage caseload effectively
- Effective time management
- Demonstrate good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technologically adept
- Excellent organizational skills
The job location is Kansas City, Missouri. The job does offer the possibility of remote telecommuting.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at testanlaw.com. Testan Law offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life, vacation/sick time off, short- and long-term disability insurance, medical flexible spending accounts, and 401k.