Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Serves as a legal advisor for ministry markets within an assigned region, providing direction, guidance, and assistance on legal matters.
- Oversees and manages outside counsel engaged to represent a ministry market.
- Supports governance activities for the ministry markets within the region as assigned, including review of governance documents and serving as counsel to boards and/or committees.
- Leads complex legal matters and services for ministry markets within the region.
- Collaborates with legal practice area team leads, attorneys and the Shared Services Group to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of legal services.
- Supports, promotes and implements legal initiatives.
- Advances the implementation of policies and procedures in the ministry markets within the region.
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Risk functions in the delivery of legal services to provide legal advice and counsel.
Juris Doctorate required
- Ten years as a licensed practicing attorney required.Multi-site health systems or hospital systems experience preferred.
- Experience in the following practice areas preferred: a. General transactions, mergers & acquisitions, physician transactions, JVs, etc.; b. real estate; c. population health/value based contracting; d. compliance (FCA, CMP, Stark, Kick-back, Fraud and Abuse)
- Applicants should be licensed in either Kansas or Oklahoma with eligiblity to obtain a license in the other state.