Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Your Specific Responsibilities:
The incumbent in this position works independently within a team to provide legal services to the Department in evaluating and prosecuting violations of state law and administrative rules by licensees of the various professions regulated by the Division of Medical Quality Assurance, pursuant to Chapters 120 and 456, Florida Statutes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attorneys review case files, develop legal opinions and recommendations for administrative action or closure of cases.
- Attorneys prepare recommended action for Probable Cause Panels to include dismissals, letters of guidance or Administrative Complaints; and present cases before the probable cause panels.
- Drafts pleadings, discovery and legal memoranda; represents the Department before the Division of Administrative Hearings and in Circuit Court.
- Provides timely and professional representation in all aspects of litigation including timely trial preparation; motions practice; presentation of the case at hearing or trial; preparation of post hearing pleadings in accordance with statute and rule.
- Attorneys evaluate and prioritize pending caseloads by utilizing Department reports and work to timely resolve pending cases in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Works with assistants to maintain electronic case files, reviews investigative and legal files, advises investigators throughout the state who are assigned to gather evidence for the Department;
- Timely responds to public records requests, inquiries from counsel, requests pursuant to Chapter 456, Florida Statutes, and from other agencies regarding current cases.
- Prepares and presents cases for final action before the boards.
- Must become a member of the Florida Bar within 12 months of appointment to a position in this class.
- Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.Vision:
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.Values:
- Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
- Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
- Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
- Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Closing Date: 5th October, 2021