We encourage interested applicants to consider the following questions
Moulton | Moore | Stella LLP, an elite executive compensation and corporate boutique law firm, is looking for top talent located anywhere in the United States who meet the following criteria
- Do you want to work with high-level executives, founders and entrepreneurs, and innovative companies, on critical executive compensation and corporate law issues?
- Are you an entrepreneur at heart who wants an active role in building a practice and firm that you can call your own?
- Do you have the experience and judgment to be the lead, client-facing attorney on sophisticated solutions to legal and business issues, challenges and problems?
- Do you enjoy the flexibility of working where you want to work?
- Do you have the humility and drive to do the nuts and bolts of great legal work?
Important Notes to Candidates
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience (and we will consider more senior candidates, too) as an executive compensation attorney at a top law firm or as in-house counsel for a sophisticated company.
- Must have robust technical acumen in tax, securities and other laws relevant to executive compensation.
- Must have a keen market sense of all or most of the following: M&A transactions; IPOs; de-SPAC transactions; equity compensation in “Silicon Valley” and other emerging growth companies, private equity-backed companies and public companies; employment agreements; separation agreements; and restrictive covenant issues.
- In addition to the points above, general corporate law experience or sophisticated general tax or employment law experience would be highly valued.
- In the right situation, we would consider candidates who have a deep background in corporate law, with some experience in executive compensation matters and a willingness to learn more.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to “own” managing client relationships on the front lines of transaction-based legal representations.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex matters concisely and effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be an exceptional problem solver.
- Must be collegial, flexible and willing to learn.
- Must be technologically proficient and able to readily learn new systems.
- Must have strong academic credentials.
- Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in your U.S. state of residence.
We will consider applicants for associate, counsel, of counsel and partner roles. We are looking for a long-term fit – please feel free to tell us what you are looking for in the role. We are willing to be creative and flexible for the right person – let’s have a conversation about it.
We absolutely encourage diverse applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including in the application and interview process.
Compensation is expected to be competitive with large law firm pay packages but structured more uniquely to reward performance. No book of business is required but one will be considered for candidates for more senior roles. Please let us know if you anticipate bringing any material portable business.
We have all been through the recruiting process before and know it can be very frustrating. We truly appreciate your interest and will do our best to be respectful of your time and effort in applying.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all. This equal opportunity principle applies in all areas of personnel activity, including recruiting, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoff, facility usage, social and recreational programming, etc. The ability and worth of individuals shall be judged entirely on their job-related aptitude, training, skills and performance.Important Note to Search Firms
We are NOT accepting submissions from search firms at this time. If you are a recruiter submitting a resume on behalf of a candidate, please do not anticipate a response. If we begin accepting submissions from recruiters in the future, we will update our listing prior to doing so.