We are an exciting New York City law firm focusing on startup and growth companies on both coasts seeking a part-time attorney with at least 5 years of legal experience to handle corporate and securities arbitration and litigation preparation duties on flexible hours on an as-needed basis.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional litigator specializing in corporate law and securities with strong experience in advising on and preparing demand letters, arbitration briefs and complaints.
The position is for a flexible and motivated person who can work independently and take initiative with high energy to support our growing firm, led by Harvard law grad/BigLaw experienced partner.
- Supporting our practice by advising clients on all aspects of corporate and securities litigation.
- Advising on and drafting demand letters, arbitration briefs and complaints.
- Meeting or exceeding company’s minimum expectations and guidelines relating to quality standards and client service.
- New York Bar and experience required; California Bar and experience is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in corporate and securities litigation.
- Minimum of five years working experience in a law firm.
- Strong advisory and excellent drafting skills.
- Quality assurance, detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask.
- Professional with a helpful attitude.
- Good judgment, tact, trustworthiness and appreciation for client confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exercising a high degree of initiative, independence and the ability to meet time frames in performing assigned tasks.
$50 or more per hour, depending on experience.