Start Date: Immediately bioMASON is a unique biotechnology start-up manufacturing company with a natural process that will significantly revolutionize the building and construction industry. bioMASON employs microorganisms and chemical processes to manufacture biological cement-based building materials in ambient temperatures.
Concrete is the second most consumed substance on earth following water. The production of cement accounts for over 8% of global CO2 emissions. bioMASON is driven by scaled proof that there is a better way to reduce these emissions. bioMASON's products include proprietary manufacturing processes and materials. bioMASON’s products make it possible to manufacture in ambient temperatures using locally available materials, without using fuel or heat sources. bioMASON enables savings in energy costs and zero carbon emissions.
The first commercially available product is bioLITH® Tile. The company competes in the marketplace through direct manufacturing and contracts. bioMASON is privately held and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For additional information, please go to the company’s website at www.biomason.com. bioMASON is seeking a Regulatory Legal Associate. This position will report to our VP of Finance, and will be responsible for all in house legal consultation and support.
Minimum Qualifications Responsibilities, Tasks and Outcomes:
- Management of Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Contract Management, including the coordination of reviews by key stakeholders, outside counsel review, signatures/execution and tracking of key provisions/milestones and other terms.
- Maintain and archive all corporate agreements and contracts.
- Maintaining and monitoring legal due dates/compliance (both Corporate and Intellectual Property)
- Maintain IP Schedule and coordinate activities, including audit with executive management and outside counsel
- Management of active and future regulatory obligations, including but not limited to: documentation, compliance, operating conditions (with regulatory organizations such as municipalities, EPA, OSHA, USDA)
- Prepare corporate correspondence; memos, forms and other documentation as assigned
- Successful independent proofreading abilities, ability to advise on general provisions
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Interests:
- Bachelor’s degree required (English, history, political science, psychology, criminal justice, business administration or accounting)
- JD preferred
- 2-5 years of experience
- Broad range of experience in the legal profession
- Expertise in legal procedures and best practices
- Experience with the administration of Government Contracts strongly desired
- Notary certification strongly preferred
The Candidate Must Be:
- Detail oriented with strong research, analytical and organizational skills
- Creative, flexible, proactive, punctual, persistent
- A team player
- Able to self-manage
- Comfortable with a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- An excellent communicator.
bioMASON Employees Must Possess:
- Integrity and Honesty
- Passion and Motivation
- Analytical Skills
- Intelligence and Aptitude
Must have reliable transportation to the RTP/ Raleigh area.