A premier New York City real estate law firm with headquarters in midtown Manhattan is seeking a highly motivated and intelligent associate who is well versed in transactional real estate law. The ideal candidate will have experience in handling residential transactions, including purchases and sales of condominium and cooperative units and related due diligence, basic commercial leasing, due diligence and other ancillary tasks for commercial transactions. The person should have a desire to participate in marketing activities and be able to develop relationships with prospective and active clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a seasoned real estate law firm with a leading reputation in the industry with very competitive benefits. Qualified candidates should submit their resume, along with salary expectations as soon as possible.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Draft and negotiate residential purchase and sale agreements for condominium units, cooperative units and townhouses.
- Perform due diligence with respect to purchases of residential real estate, including title and survey review.
- Draft and negotiate basic leases for residential and commercial properties.
- Address checklist items for commercial loan transactions.
- Participate in marketing efforts, including drafting publications.
- Adhere to all of the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned on an as needed basis.
- High degree of academic achievement with a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
- Active New York State Bar license and in good standing.
- Minimum of 2 years of real estate transactional experience.
- Strong negotiating skills, excellent analytical and research skills.
- Interest in working with a collaborative team and flexible to handle all assigned tasks.
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and takes enormous pride in their work.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and writing skills to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff.
- Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.