As a law firm that boasts more than 75 attorneys, DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin, LLP, has a deep well of knowledge from which to draw. Rather than being isolated in their own specialties, our legal teams work across disciplines to achieve the best results possible in both the public and private sectors. Join DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin, LLP where we provide straightforward solutions to complex legal problems.
Purpose of Role:
The Paramus, NJ location seeks a junior to midlevel attorney with at least 3 years of experience to join the Public Finance Team. The ideal candidate will have experience in municipal law and public finance transactions including analysis of tax issues relating to Section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended) and other transactional experience relating to inter alia Municipal Law, NJ Local Redevelopment and Housing Authority Law, Municipal Utility Authorities Law, and County Improvement Authorities Law.
- Analyze, draft and negotiate a variety of disclosure documents, agreements, resolutions, closing documents, and review tax certifications.
- Represent municipalities, housing authorities, state, regional and local conduit finance entities, underwriters, lenders and borrowers in a wide range of financial transactions.
- Identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in potential transactions.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, and practice-management skills and business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on financial transactions of significant size and complexity, manage multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced environment, and work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and excellent judgment.
- Ability to identify creative, business-oriented solutions to legal and business risks.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, legal research, and communication skills.
- Proven capability to build and maintain strong client, counterpart and regulatory relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Law degree from an accredited school. Excellent academic credentials. Admissions to the NJ bar preferred. Other admissions will be considered.
- 3 years of relevant legal experience at a mid-tier law firm or inhouse government counsel.
- Familiarity with state and federal laws governing public finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, iManage platform, LexisNexis, and computer skills.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Training
- Professional Mentoring
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.