As a law firm that boasts more than 75 attorneys, DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin, LLP, has a deep well of knowledge from which to draw. Rather than being isolated in their own specialties, our legal teams work across disciplines to achieve the best results possible in both the public and private sectors. Join DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin, LLP where we provide straightforward solutions to complex legal problems.Purpose of Role:
The Paramus office seeks public entity law and litigation attorney with 3-7 years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience representing public entities in the State of NJ. The candidate should be admitted to practice in New Jersey.Responsibilities:
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements, resolutions, and other documents.
- Represent municipalities, housing authorities, state, regional and local entities in a wide range of matters.
- Conduct research and draft memoranda to clients on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, and practice-management skills and business judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced environment, and work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and excellent judgment.
- Ability to identify creative, business-oriented solutions to legal and business risks.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, legal research, and communication skills.
- Proven capability to build and maintain strong client, counterpart, and regulatory relationships.
- Law degree from an accredited school. Excellent academic credentials. Admissions to the NJ bar preferred. Other admissions will be considered.
- Experience with the NJ Open Public Meetings Act.
- Experience with the Local Public Contracts Law.
- Experience reviewing public procurement documents and contracts.
- 3 years of relevant legal experience at a mid-tier law firm or inhouse government counsel.
- Familiarity with state and federal laws governing public entities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, iManage platform, LexisNexis, and computer skills.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.Links:
Work Remotely: No