Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.The team
The Legal team helps DocuSign achieve strategic goals, manage legal risk, and preserve the legal and ethical integrity of the company. We are regularly involved in critical, complex operations, and partner across the business to solve challenging problems to support our growth and progress globally. We focus on providing thorough analysis and offer legal advice to foster sound decision-making and ensuring compliance with legal and other relevant standards and certifications.The position
This position will work closely with other members of the Legal Department and DocuSign business, in both staff and operations, advising them on key issues of interest and providing them with both legal and business advice to support their needs. The Director will work with a wide variety of business partners to provide timely, thorough and strategic advice on the product and transactional issues at DocuSign.
This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Product, IP & Regulatory Affairs.
- Advising on product-specific legal and business issues that span different markets and geographies.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on technology and IP licenses relating to DocuSign’s products and services.
- 15+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; with experience in as many of the following areas as possible: technology transactions, intellectual property, global data privacy and protection, and cloud computing.
- Law firm and in-house work experience, preferably with an enterprise software or SaaS company.
- Active State Bar membership in California, Illinois and/or Washington preferred.
- Experience with technology transactions and product counseling
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships and work collaboratively with legal area specialists to efficiently resolve issues