Palantir’s dynamic in-house legal team works to proactively address legal issues so that Palantir can continue to drive and deliver positive impact in the world. As Procurement Counsel, you will provide critical support across the company by owning the drafting and negotiating process of third-party vendor contracts, partnership agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. In this role, you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to develop, implement, and own Palantir’s vendor contract negotiation workflow that will exist across multiple internal teams and stakeholders. You’ll maintain focus on thoughtfully reducing risk across our vendor contracts while also holding the larger vision needed to bring a large and multi-stepped procurement workflow to completion.
As Procurement Counsel, you are resourceful, capable of building strong business relationships, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are a proven expert in contract drafting and negotiation and are creative in your approach to analyzing issues. You proactively and effectively identify opportunities to streamline the contracting and negotiating process. You are meticulously organized, which allows you to handle an impressive volume of contracts. You are service oriented and share a sense of urgency with your internal stakeholders. You are passionate about the idea of scaling and enjoy utilizing technology and workflows in order to increase efficiency.Core Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts with Palantir vendors and customers - including, but not limited to, license and procurement agreements, vendor agreements, subcontractor agreements, and teaming agreements.
- Develop, implement, and own a contract management workflow that will exist across multiple internal teams and stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice on and serve as the first point of contact for contract matters, inbound contract-related requests, and non-standard contract term requests.
- Manage and maintain Palantir’s form contract repositories.
- Collaborate with teams across Palantir and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Business Development, Finance, Procurement, Legal, and other relevant teams.
What We Value
- Attorney in good standing in at least one state in the United States or the UK with 3+ years of contracts management and/or contracts experience.
- Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Passion for scaling and driving process improvement initiatives.
- Aptitude for building strong cross-functional working relationships by utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with contract life-cycle management systems.
Open to remote applicants.