Our legal team plays a pivotal role in Guidewire's Cloud transformation. Our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation, and the legal team are vital partners to our company in helping our company manage this journey. Come join our team as a Privacy Counsel where you will be able to have an immediate impact in supporting our complex product and sales model, and supporting cross-functional operating teams where you will be able to greatly expand your privacy experience and expertise in a transparent, innovative management and collaborative atmosphere!
The ideal candidate has expertise in contract negotiation, operationalizing global data privacy regulations, and supporting varying business needs from a privacy perspective. You work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. You will report to Guidewire’s Vice President of Legal.
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, balance legal and business concerns and draft and negotiate privacy-related agreements. Experience with issues pertaining to domestic and international SaaS software licensing and data privacy is preferred.
This position will focus on developing, implementing and enforcing privacy-related processes and controls across the organization. Familiarity with privacy compliance frameworks is preferred. Provide privacy-related guidance across the global organization. You will provide support to Guidewire’s commercial legal team in the negotiation of customer contracts for privacy and information security related terms. You will anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure privacy issues are addressed efficiently across the global organization. Provide legal support for procurement and various business units regarding negotiation of vendor agreements. Maintain and revise template privacy-related agreements as required.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified attorney in your jurisdiction
- Minimum of 3-5 years of legal experience at technology companies and/or law firms
- 3 years experience focused on data privacy related issues
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles from a privacy and legal context
- Familiarity with a wide variety of commercial and data privacy terms
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work closely with both internal clients and customers/partners/suppliers
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- JD and CIPP certification required