Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you'll do:
Our Office of General Counsel is currently seeking a Senior Counsel to advise on Privacy and technology matters, including technology transactions, within the DTTL OGC Technology and Shared Services team. This person will support the Deloitte organization’s privacy function and will also help the Deloitte organization innovate and deploy new technologies while managing legal and privacy risks and compliance.
The Senior Counsel will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Serving as counsel to the Global Privacy Office and providing legal advice and support on privacy initiatives
- Developing scalable frameworks and approaches to assist the Deloitte organization with achieving its strategic objectives while complying with privacy regulations
- Providing guidance to technology teams and business leaders on the privacy, confidentiality, legal and other risks associated with development, operation, and implementation of technology systems and innovations and working collaboratively with business leaders to develop practical solutions to address those risks
- Collaborating with Deloitte Member Firm legal and privacy teams to address local compliance Counseling and assisting
- Assisting with negotiating and drafting privacy and security terms in commercial agreements, including licensing agreements, sourcing and procurement agreements, and partnership and joint venture agreements, as well as term of use
- Monitoring legal, regulatory and commercial developments in the privacy arena to develop forward-thinking, market-leading approaches to privacy compliance
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Who you'll work with:
Global General Counsel provides legal guidance and expertise to Deloitte Global, the broader Deloitte organization, and our business leaders. We advise on regulatory, claims, and corporate legal matters, as well as additional issues that may pose novel or unique situations.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires our people at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching, and mentoring. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do — that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Education and Experience:
- Admitted to practice law in the United Kingdom or member state of the European Union
- 5+ years of legal experience, with a strong background in international privacy
- Proven track record advising and supporting the development and implementation of global privacy compliance programs
- Proven track record of successfully advising product development teams and/or advising teams working on complex technology deployments in how to address privacy requirements
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology services agreements
- Experience drafting privacy notices, terms of service, incident response plans, information security policies and other data protection policies
- Fluent in English (although English may be a second language)
- Experience working in an in-house environment, preferably with a technology or professional services provider or supporting technology teams at a large multi-national institution
- Expertise in and ability to advise on privacy, cyber security, and confidentiality matters
- Experience working in a global or cross-border environment with individuals from different geographies and cultures
- Experience translating legal concepts and requirements into actionable, practical guidance for IT and business teams
- LLM degree from a US law school
- Privacy certification or qualification
Skills and attributes:
- Responsive and client-service focused
- Strategic, creative thinker with good business judgment who can generate possible solutions and options to achieve business goals within the strictures of legal and regulatory requirements
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively and can navigate a complex organization that is spread across the globe
- Strong communicator and good listener, with ability to craft clear and effective messages both orally and in writing
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across various stakeholder groups within the Deloitte network and externally
- Agility and flexibility (We are a leanly staffed legal department and everyone in the Technology and Shared Services team is expected to chip in and handle a broad array of matters)
Other Locations-US-TX-Houston, UK-London-London, US-TX-Dallas, US-TN-Nashville, US-TX-Austin, US-TN-Hermitage, CA-ON-Greater Toronto, US-GA-Atlanta, US-FL-Tampa, US-FL-Miami, US-VA-Richmond, US-TX-San Antonio, US-NC-Raleigh, US-NC-Charlotte, US-MD-Baltimore, US-PA-Philadelphia