Postmates helps people unlock the best of their cities – and their lives, with a reliable on-demand "anything" delivery network. Launched in 2011, Postmates pioneered the on-demand delivery movement in the US by offering delivery from restaurants and stores previously only available offline. The company now operates in about 3,000 US cities, as well as Mexico City and provides access to over 320,000 merchants. Postmates is headquartered in San Francisco.
Postmates is hiring a product and privacy lawyer to join our expanding Legal Team. You’ll be directly responsible for addressing privacy and data security issues and will, from day one, own related projects. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Security, Product, Marketing, Business Development, and Public Policy teams, advising on the evolving requirements around data privacy and security. You’ll become an expert on existing products and help guide the development of what’s next. You’ll also have an opportunity to work on issues beyond privacy and product, such as brand and marketing. As part of the Legal Team, you’ll be a trusted business partner in the company, and will continue to strengthen our commitment to creative, collaborative, and solutions-oriented approaches.
Privacy & Security
- Lead our compliance with emerging privacy laws and regulations, including the CCPA and oversee the development and provision of privacy training.
- Serve as the go-to advisor for stakeholders throughout the business on privacy issues, including helping business and engineering teams design new products and services with Postmates’ privacy policies and security in mind.
- Provide support on data privacy related to commercial contracts, partnerships, integrations, and other matters
- Spearhead incident response readiness with respect to potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts.
Product & Marketing
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of our various product offerings in order to advise on laws and regulations dealing with consumer protection, payments, IP, tax, marketing, privacy and security.
- Serve as product attorney for various product and business teams.
- Advise our brand and growth marketing teams on local and national marketing campaigns, promotions, sweepstakes, etc.
- Experience as product counsel with a strong track record on privacy and data security and a desire to become the Legal Team’s expert in this area
- 5+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with at least two years focused on privacy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey legal advice to internal business stakeholders.
- Technical fluency.
- Ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- Positive attitude and high EQ.
And Even Better...
- CIPP preferred.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience handling marketing (advertising, promotions, and more).
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Amazing health insurance coverage and benefits
- We'll provide the equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)