Facebook is seeking a talented attorney to work on Facebook’s Legal Privacy Team to support privacy issues in artificial and virtual reality. This role is product-focused and will involve close coordination with Central Privacy, product legal, and other cross-functional partners to advise on a broad range of privacy and data protection issues globally to support Facebook Reality Labs’ suite of devices, apps, and R&D efforts.
You will be joining a collaborative team of privacy lawyers who identify, evaluate and address privacy risk in light of privacy laws, compliance obligations and policies; train on privacy matters; and collaborate closely with other legal teams as well as cross-functional privacy partners to deliver legal advice globally. We are looking for a candidate who has a solid understanding of privacy laws and principles, is motivated, collaborates well, and is able to practically weigh and manage risks around privacy.
Privacy Counsel Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and privacy laws globally and advise on the impact of the same on Facebook’s business
- Assist product lawyers in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features, development, and R&D
- Support members of the legal, business, and policy teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including areas related to legislation, partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across Facebook's business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments
- Develop regulatory strategy with relevant privacy regulators in connection with new product features and initiatives and maintain Facebook’s ongoing privacy-by-design processes
- Help to develop and conduct role-specific privacy trainings
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
- 3+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Experience advising on privacy legal risks and mitigations, with working knowledge of relevant privacy laws including CCPA and/or GLBA
- Business judgment and client counseling experience
- In-house experience with applicable litigation, regulatory, or product counseling, particularly at a technology company and/or financial institution
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially including those relevant for social media and Internet companies
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.