If you want to play a big part in the explosive growth of gaming and help to deliver exciting new games to a worldwide audience, we have an opening for you. This position will join the team that provides front-line legal support for Xbox Game Studios, the division that builds and publishes games such as Minecraft, Halo, Sea of Thieves, Age of Empires, and many more. You will lead the legal support function for a major first party game studio, shepherding the development and distribution of AAA game titles in collaboration with teams from Game Pass, Cloud Gaming, and online services. This job is a unique and inspiring opportunity to work at the intersection of new technologies, online communities, and entertainment.
A successful candidate for this role will enjoy challenging and often novel issues involving intellectual property, licensing and transactions, privacy, accessibility, and more. The engineers running these services need a trusted advisor who can provide practical, creative advice—even in areas with uncertain and developing legal and regulatory frameworks.
If you are curious, collaborative, and eager to put your legal skills to work for a premier game studio, we’d like you to apply now!Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate transactional documents, including agreements related to strategic partnerships, music, merchandise, software, TV and movies, and game development
- Provide front-line counsel and advice to business executives, engineers, and game designers on a broad range of complex and developing legal and business issues related to game development, privacy, online safety, content moderation, intellectual property, operations, customer support, marketing, and compliance
- Collaborate with internal and external legal and policy specialists to guide the business through emerging regulatory challenges
- Lead cross-group projects related to core client initiatives
- J.D. or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school and an active license to practice law
- At least 8 years as a practicing commercial/business attorney or equivalent experience
- Experience providing legal counsel either in an in-house role or to clients in the technology, entertainment or media fields
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating a broad variety of transactional agreements
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, writing, and oral communication skills, as well as a strong record of effective cross-team collaboration in a diverse and matrixed environment
- Keen business sense, with the ability to think strategically and find creative business-oriented solutions to legal issues, balancing legal risks against business interests in complex and ambiguous situations
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus and ability to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business clients;
- Commitment to a culture of inclusion, respect, and collaboration
- Passion for gaming and technology
The above description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.