Stretto is seeking a Counsel to join our dynamic and innovative team headquartered in Irvine, California. The person in this role, will be a key member of our Corporate Restructuring team, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and will play a vital role in providing legal advice on implementing new services. This position will support Stretto’s mission and overall business strategy in a highly competitive financial technology (FINTECH) and services market.Summary/Objective:
Reporting directly to the COO, Counsel’s role is both tactical and strategic, providing legal insight to guide the day-to-day activities and the long-term vision of the Corporate Restructuring Division. Day-to-day, Counsel will advise and assist with the execution of legal documents including retention and fee applications and responding to legal boundary questions from interested parties as well as internal teams. Strategically, Counsel will advise the COO on legal matters pertaining to the implementation of new services and practice areas. While heavily focused on corporate restructuring, the ideal candidate should have functional knowledge of general business practices and as important, an entrepreneurial mindset, consistent with Stretto leadership team.Essential Functions:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Review and edit retention documents, fee applications and administrative filings, and provide feedback to internal and external interested parties as necessary.
- Conduct research and provide legal guidance surrounding implementation of new business lines and special projects.
- Provide legal interpretations, opinions and advice concerning policies and practices that may affect Stretto businesses
- Draft legal documents in support of the business practices and requirements.
- Assist with special corporate projects and other programs as necessary.
- Bill time and expenses when working on client matters.
- As the business is dynamic and supports high touch clients, Counsel will need to be available to support stakeholders upon request.
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm in Corporate Restructuring. Additional years of experience in, Litigation, M&A, or related areas a plus.
- Experience with governance issues and corporate duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to corporate bankruptcy and strong familiarity with the corporate restructuring process, including plan solicitation and confirmation.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.