Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Serves as a legal advisor and business partner providing legal advice and assistance on matters related to a health law practice area.
- Provides legal advice, support and counsel to the organization’s legal function in support of strategic and operational priorities within a health law practice area.
- Supports, promotes and implements legal initiatives.
- Advances the implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines supporting the health law practice area.
- Keeps current with legal developments affecting the health law practice area and incorporates such information into advice, counsel and support for the organization.
- Supports the Practice Area Senior Attorney in the management of outside counsel.
- Collaborates with the Shared Services Group, paralegals and other administrative staff assigned to work on specific projects.
Juris Doctorate is required
- Four years as a licensed practicing attorney required.Two years of experience in a law firm specializing in health law practice area preferred.
- In addition, experience in providing advice and counsel in a wide variety of labor relation matters, including collective bargaining unit agreements, unfair labor practices, grievances, arbitrations, etc. is preferred.