Sheppard Mullin recognizes and values experience as a judicial clerk. We actively seek applicants immediately following the completion of a judicial clerkship to join our Litigation Practice. Generally, judicial clerks who join Sheppard Mullin receive appropriate credit, for compensation and partnership purposes, for their clerking experience.
With approximately 250 Business Trial attorneys firmwide, litigation has been at the core of Sheppard Mullin’s practice since 1927. The Firm represents companies of all sizes ranging from Fortune 100 companies, to privately-owned entities and business start-ups, in all types of industries – including those in computers and information technology, financial services, aerospace, manufacturing, transportation, communications, pharmaceuticals, advertising, print and broadcast media, franchising, petroleum production and refining, real estate, insurance, construction, and food and beverage manufacturing, among others. Our litigators possess exceptional trial and appellate skills, in-depth knowledge of state and federal courts at all levels and practical business judgment.Responsibilities
As part of our team, you will work directly with partners in a variety of areas including consumer class actions, fiduciary litigation, international arbitration, construction and disputes, and insurance regulatory matters. As an associate, you will assist with case evaluation and initial opinion letters, all phases of discovery, motions practice, mediation, arbitration and settlement conference preparation, trial preparation, and appellate work.Qualifications
- Completion of a clerkship with United States District Court, United States Court of Appeals or State Supreme Court required
- 1-3 years of litigation experience, including all phases of discovery, motions practice and trial preparation
- Prior experience with class action defense preferred
- Excellent oral communication, writing, research and analytical skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects, work effectively as a member of a team and a strong commitment to client service
- Bar admission in the State for which you are applying
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier law school required
This requisition is not open for search firm/agency submissions.