Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC (DRM) is seeking a patent attorney having 3-5 years of experience and a strong background in chemical/biochemical arts to join our Intellectual Property Group in our Burlington, Vermont, office.
This is a unique opportunity to work with and learn from a team of sophisticated intellectual property professionals in Burlington, consistently ranked among the best places to live in the U.S. by numerous publications and polls. Burlington provides a vibrant cultural environment, a thriving downtown, a welcoming community, easy access to mountains and lakes, and short commutes. Our intellectual property lawyers have worked at some of the largest firms, IP boutiques, and corporations in the U.S., but choose to live in Burlington because lifestyle is a priority. DRM serves a wide range of local, regional, national, and international clients.
Work for this Associate will include an initial emphasis on patent preparation and prosecution, with immediate and long-term opportunities for client counseling, intellectual property transactional work, and intellectual property litigation.
We have a strong preference for candidates who have:
- Chemistry background - BS or advanced degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering, or equivalent
- Three to five years of patent experience, including preparing and prosecuting patent applications in chemical/biochemical arts, or a former U.S. patent examiner in a chemical/biochemical art unit, with at least one year of patent experience outside of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Experience with or willingness to prepare and prosecute patent applications in other arts, including software arts, medical-device arts, and electromechanical-device arts;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Superb academic credentials; and
- Desire to work in a dynamic collegial environment.