Dedicated to making data faster and safer, Rambus creates innovative hardware, software and services that drive technology advancements from the data center to the mobile edge. Our architecture licenses, IP cores, chips, software, and services span memory and interfaces, security and emerging technologies to positively impact the modern world.
Our customers are leading chip and system design firms, foundries, and service providers. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems. They power and secure diverse applications in a growing number of target segments including data center, networking, AI, automotive and IOT.Responsibilities
- As a Patent Counsel at Rambus, you will join the in-house legal department in support of Rambus's patent portfolio development and licensing programs. A dynamic legal team combined with Rambus’ evolving businesses provides opportunities for career growth and development in addition to the core patent and licensing support responsibilities.
- Managing U.S. and international patent portfolios related to semiconductor interface and / or security technologies, including:
- Engaging with internal R&D, Business Unit, and IP Strategy clients to identify and assess innovation suitable for intellectual property protection through Rambus’s internal review processes
- Supervising outside attorneys in the drafting of patent applications and strategic patent claims
- Developing portfolio strategies aligned with market conditions and business needs over the lifecycle of patent families
- Demonstrating use of Rambus patented technologies in the marketplace in support of worldwide licensing programs, including:
- Monitoring market developments related to Rambus patent portfolios, and
- Tracking legal developments related to patents and patent enforcement proceedings
- Providing IP counseling in areas such as strategic IP acquisition and divestiture transactions, product support, standard setting organizations (SSOs), copyright, trademark, and open source software
- Contributing to corporate compliance efforts of the legal team including providing internal trainings and awareness campaigns for specific areas of responsibility
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney, J.D. degree, and B.S. or above in Electrical Engineering or a field related to semiconductor products
- 6+ years of experience in preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications in semiconductor interface and / or security technologies, electronic circuitry, or related technologies
- Strong communication skills to demonstrate use of Rambus patented technologies in external engagements
- Patent licensing, due diligence, and / or litigation experience a plus
- Standard setting organizations (SSOs) and / or open source software compliance experience also a plus
Rambus offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Rambus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Rambus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may let us know in the application.
For more information about Rambus, visit rambus.com. For additional information on life at Rambus and our current openings, check out rambus.com/careers/.