NY-New York | NC-Raleigh | NC-Charlotte | IL-Chicago | OH-Cincinnati | OH-Cleveland | SC-Columbia | OH-Columbus | TX-Dallas | VA-Richmond | MD-Baltimore | NY-Rochester | IL-Rosemont | AR-Bentonville | MA-Boston | CA-Sacramento | MO-St. Louis | UT-Salt Lake City | TX-San Antonio | CA-San Diego | CA-San Francisco | CA-San Jose | WA-Seattle | SC-Spartanburg | CA-El Segundo | NY-Albany | AR-Springdale | CT-Stamford | FL-Tampa | OH-Toledo | GA-Atlanta | OK-Tulsa | TX-Austin | DC-Washington | CO-Denver | IA-Des Moines | MI-Detroit | NY-Buffalo | NJ-Florham Park | TX-Fort Worth | FL-Sarasota | NC-Greensboro | FL-Hallandale Beach | PA-Harrisburg | CT-Hartford | TX-Houston | IN-Indianapolis | MI-Grand Rapids | CA-Irvine | NE-Omaha | FL-Jacksonville | MO-Kansas City | NV-Las Vegas | GA-Lithia Springs | AR-Little Rock | CA-Los Angeles | KY-Louisville | AL-Birmingham | NY-Melville | FL-Miami | WI-Milwaukee | MN-Minneapolis | VT-Montpelier | TN-Nashville | LA-New Orleans | OK-Oklahoma City | FL-Orlando | IL-Peoria | PA-Philadelphia | AZ-Phoenix | PA-Pittsburgh | OR-Portland
A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The data protection attorney role includes handling global data protection/data privacy issues that arise in the course of transactional matters, including client and vendor data processing and data transfer agreements. In addition, responsibilities of this position includes providing strategic advice and counseling in connection with the development, collection, use, transfer and governance of data, including data analytics, privacy and security, both from a US and international perspective.Job Requirements and Preferences:Basic Qualifications:Minimum Degree Required:Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- 4 year(s) of professional experience and at least 3 years of prior experience providing legal advice as a specialist in Data Protection
- Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs;
- Managing outside counsel to obtain optimal outcome and contain costs;
- Identifying and analyzing complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing appropriate legal advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis;
- Demonstrating negotiation skills with respect to legal issues;
- Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources; and,
- Building consensus, even for difficult or unpopular courses of action necessitated by legal or regulatory requirements.