Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Minimum Qualifications Graduation from a law school of recognized standing and at least two (2) years of experience as an attorney admitted to practice in New York State.General Description:
- Typical Work Activities Serves as legal counsel to various City departments, City employees acting in an official capacity, and City boards, commissions and City-affiliated entities;
- Represents the City in lawsuits, appeals and administrative hearings brought for or against the City and/or indemnified officers, employees, agents, or groups entitled to defense and indemnification;
- Represents the City in negotiations with a variety of other parties, including vendors, contractors, and labor unions;
- Conducts legal research and renders legal opinions;
- Defends the City against claims and lawsuits brought against it;
- Drafts and reviews all legal documents to which the City is a party;
- Enforces the City's laws by instituting appropriate legal action and carrying the matter through all stages of litigation;
- Performs legal work necessary for the sale and purchase of Real Estate;
- Reviews all legal documents to which the City is a party;
- All other legal work assigned to the incumbent by the Corporation Counsel.
Closing Date: 14th June, 2021