Cigna Legal seeks an experienced attorney to provide strategic legal advice to Cigna's Digital and Marketing organizations and to lead a team of legal professionals focused on ensuring marketing efforts and advertising material are compliant with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. This role will report to the Chief Counsel of the Product, Solutions and Regulatory team.
The position requires the ability to keep up with a fast paced Digital team charged with digitizing every new product and solution developed by Cigna. This role will support the Digital business team throughout the process by providing risk based counsel that allows the company to prioritize projects according to the level of associated legal and compliance risk.
Additionally, the role will be the key strategic counsel to the Marketing organization, which involves developing, communicating and counseling on guardrails for how to market and advertise products and solutions in a manner compliant with highly complex state and federal laws.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide effective risk based legal counsel to the Digital organization, including the Chief Digital Officer, and the Marketing organization, including the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Work closely with business partners, Regulatory and Compliance to identify and reduce known and potential regulatory, legal and business risks.
- Counsel business partners related to the design and implantation of measures to avoid, reduce and mitigate risks.
- Draft responses to regulators related to marketing and digital compliance.
- Lead a team responsible for the development and implementation guardrails for the marketing organization on how to comply with new and existing laws and regulations.
Skills and Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate must understand the law and how it relates to the businesses, take a collaborative approach to problem-solving, and provide solution-based advice and possess a track record of effectively managing a high volume of matters independently.
- Experience managing a team is a plus.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, including negotiation and drafting skills.
- Exceptional track record of project and process management.
- Strong work ethic with effective time-management
- Demonstrated good judgment and willingness to take on difficult projects.
- Experience in measuring and analyzing process, as well as results, to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Candidate must possess a solid understanding of state health care and insurance laws and regulations, the laws impacting the digital delivery of information and healthcare to customers and consumers, and state and federal laws and regulations governing marketing and advertising.
- Experience with privacy, information protection and intellectual property legal concepts is required.
- J.D./Bar membership required
- At least 8 years corporate legal department or law firm experience.
- Prefer this person to be located in the CT office but can be flexible for the right candidate.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response