Are you an Attorney that’s passionate about analyzing complex information? Are you looking for a company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Sacramento office.
While we’ve been named a ‘best place to work,’ our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As a member of our legal team you will provide legal advice, counsel and representation for insureds and/or CSAA IG before courts or arbitration panels and advise company employees in their handling of claim matters. You will appear and advocate on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
Our attorneys apply independent analysis and discernment with close coordination and input from claims specialists. You will conduct all phases of litigation including jury trials, motions, and arbitration hearings. You will typically be assigned and responsible for more complex and/or higher value cases, and will work on a variety of moderately complex assigned legal projects including matters not in litigation. Our attorneys identify issues with major implications, high liability exposure, special circumstances and/or departure from guidelines. You will refer to higher level staff for review and possible assignment of additional resources, and will monitor and analyze existing and emerging laws and regulations affecting insurance and motor club operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of personal injury law and procedure.
- Knowledge of general liability insurance coverage and CSAA IG policies.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an organized and timely manner.
- Computer skills, MS office, online research tools such as WESTLAW.
- Knowledge of medical-legal issues pertaining to tort law.
- Understands the legal implications of information found in medical records.
- Knowledge of law and issues within area of specialty.
- Ability to advocate creatively, persuasively and effectively.
- The ability to think and act independently in a client’s best interest.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal ethics.
Education, Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Requires law degree and passing of bar exam in California
- 8+ years experience in P& C insurance defense
- 3 – 5 years experience running caseload for and leading legal teams preferred.