Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP is seeking highly qualified associates with two to five years of litigation experience to join our high-profile litigation practice.
Our Litigation Group boasts a diverse practice encompassing all facets of business and complex commercial litigation, including consumer protection & advertising, employment, entertainment, financial services litigation, healthcare litigation, investigation & white collar defense, intellectual property, patent litigation, and privacy & data security, among others. Our litigators work collaboratively across offices and industry sectors.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about litigating and taking on more responsibility. Ideally, candidates will have hands-on litigation experience, and want to gain further responsibility and experience in the following areas: handling discovery and litigation discovery disputes, taking and defending depositions, conducting witness interviews, drafting and arguing pleadings and motions, day-to-day case management, and participation in trial preparation. Excellent legal writing and research skills are required. Prior experience as a judicial law clerk is a plus.Requirements:
- Two to five years of solid commercial litigation experience at a top law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Effective and efficient problem solving capabilities with the ability to work independently and proactively, and to develop creative solutions to meet client and team needs
- Bar membership in good standing in the state in which you plan to practice