We are searching for a junior or mid-level associate to join our Licensing, Strategic Partnering & Commercial Transactions group (referred to internally as “Tech Group”) in our Silicon Valley and San Francisco offices. The Tech Group works closely with leading venture-backed startup and emerging growth companies in a variety of fields, including technology, life sciences, financial services and consumer products. The group focuses on drafting and negotiating strategic licensing and commercial agreements on behalf of clients, providing general intellectual property and business counseling, and working on transactions in all stages of our clients’ businesses, from formation to financings and acquisitions.
We will consider strong candidates with experience in corporate, patent litigation or prosecution who are looking to transition to a transactional licensing and commercial practice. Candidates can expect to collaborate with their colleagues across offices, handle several matters with various clients concurrently and have client contact early in their career.
We operate our Silicon Valley and San Francisco locations as a single office, but when our offices are able to re-open safely, the ideal candidate will spend the majority of his or her time in the Silicon Valley office. Candidates can expect to support clients based throughout California.Job Requirements:
- Experience Level: JD 2014 – 2019
- Candidates with experience in IP litigation, prosecution or corporate will be considered
- A technical degree is not required
- Candidates must be admitted to practice with the State Bar of California
- Superior academic credentials from a top law school and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required for this position
- Previous large law firm experience required