We are looking to add an entry level Trial Attorney to our Staff Legal Office in Manhattan, NY. This litigator will be responsible for representing the commercial insureds of a prestigious and financially stable commercial insurance carrier, by preparing and trying low to moderate Commercial Auto and Premises Liability cases from a varied caseload.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-respected Company and represent its insureds in all phases of litigation, while being part of a high-performing law office. The ideal candidate will be able to engage in the practice of law, at all times in compliance with the ethical standards as established by the national/local area of practice.
The selected candidate will perform duties encompassing all aspects of insurance defense, including initial investigation and legal analysis and advice, preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents, performing legal research, preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery, preparing for and aggressively handling hearing and trials, and conducting post-trial activities where appropriate. Demonstrated case analysis ability and a track record of proven trial settlement skills, the ability to work independently and without substantial supervision.
- Juris Doctor and 1 or more years of experience in the Litigation area
- Member in good standing of the New York State Bar
- Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
- Knowledge of the law and procedure
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Collaboration skills
- Microsoft Office and Adobe experience