At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department Overview
By becoming a part of the Americas Commercial, Litigation & Antitrust legal team, you become a part of helping public safety and commercial customers obtain the products and services needed for the moments that matter. From the legal procurement team working with vendors to obtain the supplies needed to build the products and run the business, to the legal sales team negotiating contracts with customers, our team supports and facilitates the innovation and business efforts of Motorola Solutions. Similarly, our litigation team helps responsibly manage corporate risk, defends the company against claims, and protects our innovation and intellectual property against theft and infringement.Job DescriptionScope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
As a Legal Intern You will:
- Oversee our contract records repository database to ensure it stays current and relevant.
- Work collaboratively with attorneys and contract managers on projects in the hardware, software, and services areas (both sales and procurement) as well as support litigation and antitrust projects.
- Support the procurement and sales legal teams through legal research and analysis.
- Aid the team’s business operations to run efficiently and effectively, and communicate those efforts.
- Provide one-on-one informative opportunities throughout the course of your internship with attorneys and contract managers alongside your collaborative work.
- Challenge you to seek innovative and effective approaches to projects you are presented with in conjunction with guidance and training you will receive.
- Give you an opportunity to see how a real in-house corporate legal team operates and supports a dynamic tech company’s business goals.
- Provide opportunities to talk to other departments to learn potential fields of law and business.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Experience with Google suite preferred
- Experience with a collection management database system preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized individual
- Good communication and people skills
Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree with a graduation date on or after December 2020.Travel Requirements
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.