The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) is seeking an internship candidate to support Law Department initiatives, activities, and priorities. The Intern will broadly assist members of the Law Department in providing legal counsel and advocacy support to other departments within PhRMA and work closely with multiple teams. This is a paid position.
The successful candidate will gain experience in a wide range of issues. Examples include health policy, Medicare, Medicaid, State and Federal issues, innovative medicines, commercial health benefit design, intellectual property, the regulatory and legislative process, and working with and building coalitions in the U.S. and abroad.
The Intern’s responsibilities may include:
- Research and track legislative and political activity;
- Research legislation, policy issues, and proposals;
- Perform legal analysis and research related to the health care industry and health policy;
- Analyze and draft legislation, regulations, and comments, and analyze their possible legal impacts;
- Participate in writing and editing talking points, policy papers, backgrounders, and other documents;
- Attend internal meetings, coordinate with staff to develop agendas, and ensure proper follow-up and output, including meeting summaries;
- Respond to internal requests for updates on department/team activities;
- Provide support for meetings, including gathering and assembling information; and
- Draft weekly updates, reports, correspondence, and slide decks.
- Current law student with an interest in health/life sciences policy and politics;
- Ability to communicate legal concepts and opinions to non-lawyers both verbally and in writing;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient organizational and project management skills;
- Strong desire to build relationships/collaboration skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to strategically and creatively process information; and
- Curiosity to stay abreast of current industry trends.