SSM Health's Dean Health Plan is offering an exciting opportunity as an Legal Intern!
DHP is an exciting organization, growing both geographically and through product and service line extensions; our focus is on designing programs and services specific to the local communities and populations we serve. This is a great opportunity to explore the healthcare insurance field, learn what the Legal division is all about in this field, while making a difference in the lives of our communities and patients.
Internship educational areas: Legal research and writing, form drafting, process improvement, contract review, litigation support, etc.
Must be enrolled in a related Bachelor's degree program at an accredited university in their Junior or Senior year. A concentration in JD, Pre-law, operations management, public health, healthcare admin, business, sociology, political science e is preferred. Transcript required.
Provides research, analysis and documentation support for projects assigned, while gaining a better understanding of how to handle the complex issues of healthcare operations, management and business needs of the organization.
- Work closely with preceptor and/or members of leadership team on assigned projects related to strategy, operations and/or other assigned/identified projects. Completes special projects as delegated by preceptor.
- Engages in research, data analysis, project management and/or administrative assistance for initiatives and projects, as assigned. Contributes actively by collaborating with other team members and providing input, recommendations and constructive feedback.
- Performs department-specific duties and responsibilities in a training capacity. Identifies and uses internal and external support/resources to accomplish work goals.
- Performs work assignments in support of ministry and/or departmental goals in an accurate and timely manner. Seeks ways to continuously improve processes and outcomes and effectively communicates proposals for solutions.
- Ensures positive internal and external customer relations by providing prompt response to customer requests, maintaining confidentiality and communicating effectively.
- Assist in the development of presentations and/or strategic communication to support department and/or entity wide strategic initiatives.
- Meets with administrative and management staff to gain a better understanding of each area and attends various administrative, managerial and medical staff meetings, as invited.
- Observe and learn aspects of healthcare operations, strategy and other relevant areas, with guidance from the preceptor.
- Seeks professional development feedback from administrators, mentors and other colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be enrolled in a related Bachelor's degree program at an accredited university in their Junior or Senior year. Transcript required.
No experience required