- The Ohio Department of Taxation is seeking Legal Interns to work in our Office of Chief Counsel’s Tax Appeals Division.
- The Tax Appeals Division is comprised of attorneys who conduct administrative hearings on a wide range of tax types and draft legal determinations on behalf of the Tax Commissioner . Experienced Staff Attorneys will serve as mentors to interns. Throughout the duration of the legal internship, the intern will shadow the mentor and will learn how to prepare for a hearing, review relevant documents, conduct administrative hearings, and draft legal determinations for review.
- A legal internship with the Department offers law students an opportunity to learn more about an important and continuously evolving area of law.
Qualifications for a Legal Intern:
Background Check Information
- Current law student
- Completion of first year of law school
- The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Section 2961 of the Ohio Revised Code prohibits individuals convicted of a felony including but not limited to fraud, deceit, or theft from holding a position that has substantial management or control over the property of a state agency. Additionally, section 5703.081 of the Ohio Revised Code requires The Department of Taxation employees to promptly file and pay tax returns.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Closing Date: 31st March, 2020