ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.Job Mission
Our highly competitive legal internship program offers law school students a unique opportunity to gain real world in-house experience during law school in virtually every area within the ASML US Legal Department based in Chandler, Arizona. Our legal practice group is a specialty team with skills, knowledge, and expertise in particular areas of the law, including contracts, IP, compliance, employment, and litigation. As a Legal Intern you will assist the ASML in-house legal team and ASML business units on a wide range of legal issues and gain hands-on experience.Job Description
- Review, compare, and summarize contracts, such as licenses, consulting agreements, NDAs, and purchase and sale agreements.
- Provide legal support to the in-house legal team, including interpreting, drafting, and reviewing various customer and/or supplier related agreements and documents in the areas of contracts, IP, compliance, employment, and litigation.
- Research legal issues and produce memos and other written products as needed.
- Assist in preparing day-to-day legal advice and support for various business units and other internal clients.
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations informing non-legal personnel in the company about their legal duties and obligations.
- Attend internal business calls and meetings relating to legal issues and negotiations with major companies.
- Attend internal business calls and meetings with in-house lawyers from other ASML offices in collaboration on various legal issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current 1L or 2L law student, from an ABA-accredited top law school (applying for a position for the upcoming summer and the next year of school).
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Available to work Monday through Friday; full time in the summer and 20 hours per week during the Fall/Spring semesters. Intern must be able to successfully handle school and work commitments together.
- ASML can support Externship credits through ASU Law, if the intern chooses.
- Be professional in manner, appearance, and communication at all times.
- Be organized and responsive to e-mails and phone calls from coworkers.
- Have excellent oraland written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Be entrepreneurial and comfortable seeking out assignments.
- Demonstrate leadership, business experience, or other unique qualifications or skills.
- Possess passion for and a desire to learn about technology and innovation.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable doing projects alone as well as collaborating with the legal staff.