Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Part Time Legal Counsel - Service (SaaS) and Privacy
- Must have SaaS and Privacy Experience
- This role will be responsible for providing legal support to our EMEA and US teams across all the commercial functions. The position is based in the company office in Boston, USA and reports to the Part Time Legal Counsel for Molecular Devices and IDBS. The successful candidate will be expected to perform a wide variety of hands on legal work, including commercial, licensing, confidentiality, privacy and compliance matters.
- The individual performing this role will have excellent commercial acumen and develop a deep understanding of the company’s business and commercial drivers, including the ability to evaluate and balance both legal and business drivers in providing advice.
- Draft and negotiate various commercial contracts, including Software As A Service (SaaS) contracts, software license agreement, confidentiality agreements, sales, services, consulting and supply chain and OEM agreements;
- Identify and explain non-standard terms and associated risks to internal business owners.
- Maintaining the Company’s suite of legal documents, both commercial and compliance, ensuring they reflect current best practice and appropriate legal requirements
- Develop appropriate approaches to dispute resolution and lawsuits;
- Support privacy and compliance matters;
- Contribute to the training and supervision of company staff supporting the standard agreements review and compliance processes.
- Advise on legal relationships with customers, including terms and conditions of sale, warranties, tender processes;
- Coordinate with legal colleagues and internal experts on intellectual property, HR, and other matters;
- General day-to-day legal advice;
- Drive process-oriented improvements;
- Carry out or assist with other related duties, as needed.
- 5% Travel
- 5-7 years of experience within a law firm and in-house, including experience with SaaS transactions and privacy.
- A qualified lawyer in the US. Excellent academic credentials.
- Experience working at multinational companies
- Extensive exposure to and success in a dynamic business environment. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage legal risks for complex commercial transactions.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Business oriented legal advice, strong commercial acumen with demonstration of highest ethics and integrity.
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and be client-service oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure commercial contracts are executed quickly, accurately, whilst minimizing risk and ensuring the Company’s commercial team are fully supported.