BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
- Negotiate and draft leases and purchase and sale agreements, along with reciprocal easement agreements and other necessary legal documentation for new and existing wholesale clubs and gas stations
- Negotiate and draft lease amendments, letter agreements, and default notices
- Work with outside counsel with respect to negotiation and drafting of real estate documents
- Work with real estate team and outside counsel in review of due diligence lease materials, analysis of the impact on leases and transactions
- Supervise estoppel certificates prepared by real estate administration team based on information provided by other departments
- Negotiate and draft subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements as necessary
- Review documentation for landlord legal entity changes and escrow instructions when applicable
- Assist in management of landlord - tenant disputes and all real estate related litigation
- Assist in updating the Company’s real estate documents and forms
- Assist in determining when, and if necessary, to assign matters to outside counsel
- Bachelors degree and law degree from a top college or university
- In-depth experience in retail transactional real estate, document drafting, litigation and business or corporation law
- 4+ years experience at a top law firm and/or in-house environment
- Team player with a sense of humor
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever new issues arise
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects without supervision
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.