A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.The Role
Palantir's Legal Team works to proactively address legal issues so that Palantir can continue to drive positive impact in the world. Our D.C. based lawyers are the legal backbone of our US Government business, and are motivated by our mission to serve our government clients. You will work on every issue Palantir faces in its government business, including negotiating complex license and services agreements, responding to litigation and regulatory requests, providing strategic advice to business teams, and handling intellectual property, compliance, data privacy, and employment issues.
You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, meaning you are comfortable drafting a statement of work, negotiating with opposing counsel, advising business teams on product issues, or troubleshooting a draft proposal. You're also capable of operating in demanding situations and can take on novel, complex issues as they arise.
You will become a go-to advisor on the contracts that enable Palantir to implement its state of the art technology to solve real-world problems. Although focused on our government business, you're excited to work on the broad range of projects that arise at a fast-paced, mission-oriented company. You'll maintain focus on the details, but you can hold the vision needed to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.Core Responsibilities
What We Value
- Understand Palantir's relationship with all its government customers, and provide advice and counsel in support of Palantir's business and goals.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges.
- Navigate deals through any bureaucracy, foreign or domestic.
- Develop and implement strategies to manage and resolve government inquiries.
- Coordinate with outside counsel throughout any particularly complex matters.
- JD and 4+ years of firm, in-house, or government experience (a combination is even better!).
- Experience with government contracting, software licensing, or compliance.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an attested ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for technology.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.