Join a dynamic legal team working on a variety of legal issues across the entire organization. You handle topics such as data protection, marketing, intellectual property, privacy, and e-commerce that arise out of offering a digital platform. You'll collaborate with TechSoup teams to develop thoughtful strategies towards rolling out technology capacity-building programs worldwide while assessing and mitigating legal risk. You will report to our Associate (Deputy) General Counsel.Duties and Responsibilities:The Legal Counsel will be responsible for
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating legal agreements with TechSoup’s corporate partners, service providers, and TechSoup Global Network partners, as well as other general transactional documents.
- Conducting legal research in connection with various programs and ensuring our programs comply with legal developments in existing markets.
- Improving our standard form for agreements and legal workflows.
- Helping build and maintain a cross-functional privacy program
- Refining and implementing policies, including but not limited to data retention, export compliance.
- Conducting other legal research as needed.
Please note that this position may only be filled by an attorney currently licensed to practice law in a state, territory, or possession of the U.S.
- In addition, the candidate must have the following qualities:
- Minimum two to four years of experience at a law firm, nonprofit organization, or in-house in a position that included contract review and legal analysis
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Willingness to dig into the details of projects and work well as part of a team.
- Self-driven with the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients.
- Ability to work under pressure, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Respectful of differences in other cultures, languages, and contexts
- Interest in international issues and NGOs
- Any foreign language skills are a plus
Candidates who have related experience not falling into these categories are welcome to apply, explaining in their cover letter why the experience is valuable background for this position.