Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. (VWT) is currently seeking a Legal Counsel for our Cary, North Carolina office.
Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. is an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Our parent company, Veolia Environnement (VE), is a global leader in optimized resource management. With over 187,000 employees worldwide, the company designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.
Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. is seeking a proactive, high-energy attorney with a good business sense and 5 - 10 years transactional experience with construction, public works and design-build sectors to complement its U.S. Legal Department and work in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review and preparation of, and negotiation support for contracts, including conducting risk assessment / mitigation at various stages, from pre-bid contracts (NDAs, MOUs, Teaming Agreements, etc.) through contract completion (EP Agreements, ESA Agreements, etc.);
- Provide legal support for potential claims, disputes and assistance on debt recovery;
- Maintain a direct line of communication with the sales/tender and project execution teams;
- Support the project execution team during project execution, including procurement;
- Primary product line is evaporation/crystallization projects, however, will assist in other water treatment technology projects.
- In conjunction with the legal team, draft corporate governance documents such as Director Board Memos, Delegation of Authorities;
- Provide support and guidance on tax issues and Intellectual Property Rights;
- Assist in the standardization of contractual templates;
- Maintain a direct line of communication with the Finance Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Possess strong knowledge and contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the company;
- Strong business acumen;
- Ability to coordinate claims with outside counsel and insurers as needed;
- Identify and propose mitigation for project risks;
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited law school;
- 5 - 10 years in house or law firm experience.
VWT offers you competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
Around the globe, Veolia helps cities and industries to manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. The company provides an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials – with a focus on waste recovery – to promote the transition toward a circular economy.