About HH Global:
HH Global is the trusted marketing execution partner of the world’s leading brands. We apply the expertise of our people, proven processes, and industry-leading technology to developing innovative solutions that drive down the cost of clients’ content development and marketing procurement, while improving quality, sustainability, and speed to market.Purpose of the Role:
The Legal Counsel role is a newly created position and is ideal for a business-savvy, mid-level generalist who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role will provide support to HH Global’s Legal Department in the provision of legal advice to HH Global’s Americas Region, with a particular focus on the United States.
The majority of the work will focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements. In a given day, the Legal Counsel may negotiate an outsourcing contract, redline a supplier contract, advise business leaders on the implications of liability and indemnification provisions, and draft an independent contractor agreement.
In addition to working on commercial contracts, the Legal Counsel may provide legal support to other functional areas at HH Global including business development, Human Resources, Strategic Sourcing and information security. Thus, it will be considered a plus if the Legal Counsel candidate has experience with employment law, compliance, IP issues and managing litigation and/or disputes.Principle Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, edit, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial agreements, including supply agreements, customer agreements with large, multinational corporations, NDAs, event and vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, IT and SaaS agreements, professional services agreements, trademark license agreements, etc.
- Help HH Global respond to RFPs by reviewing contractual documents and advising on legal and commercial risks;
- Manage external counsel, as necessary;
- Provide legal advice and counseling to Human Resources;
- Manage external counsel’s handling of litigation;
- Provide general guidance and training on legal issues affecting HH Global;
- Ensure that HH Global is aware of relevant legislation affecting HH Global and help the business prepare for future changes;
- Advise on other ad-hoc legal matters; and
- Actively promote and protect HH Global’s commercial interests.
- JD from accredited law school;
- 4-7 years of legal experience;
- In-house counsel experience considered a strong plus;
- Extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts;
- Knowledge of the marketing execution and print management industry a plus; and
- Experience working across many states and with a diverse group of internal customers.
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue spot sensitive legal and business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal partners;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines; and
- Good team player.
Why work with us?
- Down-to-earth, pragmatic, business-savvy approach;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to juggle priorities and move fast;
- Approachable and personable;
- Comfortable around higher management; and
- Sense of humour.
This role offers competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits plan which includes options for medical, dental, vision, life. In addition, company paid benefits: Life, STD, LTD, 401k plan +company match!
HH Global recognizes employee’s needs for work life balance by offering generous time off benefits!
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: HH Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.