ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
The role reports to the EL Regional General Counsel Americas and is located in Atlanta, Georgia. As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of business-centered legal strategies that drive increased order volume for the division while simultaneously protecting against significant risks. Guide and counsel stakeholders to ensure comprehension and coordination of the necessary legal measures to ensure the successful operation of the various Electrification Businesses. Advise and represent the Electrification Business’ interests regarding the various legal matters that these Businesses encounter in their respective markets.
- Serves as legal counsel for the Business division Electrification Smart Buildings (ELSB) and Electrification Smart Power (ELSP) matters in the United States.
- Ongoing monitoring of applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts. Lead cross-functional teams in role as legal advisor.
- Act with a high degree of initiative and independence to identify issues and recommend appropriate courses of action. Coordinate with Legal colleagues in other Businesses.
- Assist in cost-effective and timely resolution of business disputes and lawsuits.
- Participate in Risk Reviews according to Company and Business directives and instructions.
- Ongoing changes and complexity in a dynamic and rapidly evolving area of law with multi-jurisdictional differences.
- Provide counsel to business colleagues and operate as a cross-functional team member while maintaining independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and bar admission in North Carolina Bar or other State Bar and 8 years of general corporate legal experience in-house or at a law firm.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Expertise in commercial law with proven track record in complex contractual work.
- Minimum 8 years commercial contracts legal experience in-house or at a law firm.
- Sound legal judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Comprehensive understanding of complex contractual legal matters.
- A results-oriented professional with strong common sense and superior business acumen.
- The ability to be recognized as an independent and respected legal advisor, and ability to work in a complex, matrix structure where cooperation is often gained through influence rather than through direct command.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a significant workload. Independent decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to compile and analyze regulatory and business information, assess risk, and provide resolutions or recommendations for process improvement.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.