Partnering with business leaders, this position is responsible for supporting and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to the company’s technology offerings in Dental, Animal Health, Veterinary, and Corporate units. The objective of the role is to assist internal stakeholders in advancing business priorities in the area of technology products and intellectual property while balancing the best interests of Patterson and minimizing potential legal risks and liabilities.Responsibilities:
- Primary commercial legal support for Patterson’s technology products
- Additional legal support for Intellectual Property portfolio, IT shared services, and trademarks
- Significant review and drafting of end user license agreements, subscription agreements, on-premise and cloud based solutions, joint venture offerings, beta programs, e-commerce platforms, interface arrangements, product development, customer orders and related terms and conditions and other matters as assigned
- Provide legal guidance to product managers and senior leadership enterprise-wide
- Ensure compliance of Patterson’s policies and procedures with applicable laws and regulations in the context of Patterson owned technology
- Manage outside counsel and related professional services
- Develop, manage and assist in training on technology topics, policies, and procedures
- Adhere to Department service levels and manage projects and priorities as a self-starter in support of Technology
- Provide attention to detail, timely responses, and prompt, accurate support and communications to Legal colleagues and leadership
- Stay informed of industry trends, developments in applicable regulations, and changes in product offerings and services or other related developments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize effectively and process a high volume of work timely. Good drafting and analytical skills and an ability to advise a diverse range of clients. A self starter with proven ability to make independent and sound decisions with great communication skills, reliable judgment on when to seek guidance or subject matter expertise and a strong ability to be proactive, build rapport and offer effective solutions. Successful candidates should have strong strategic leadership and management skills, including hands-on and “lead by example” style. Candidates need to have strong legal and business skills that are people first and always advancing towards the company’s longer term goals. International experience is a plus.
Law Degree required from an accredited law school. Admitted to MN bar. Minimum 6 years legal experience, with firm and in-house technology experience for a large organization preferred.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.