The Products and Services Legal Group supports a broad range of functions and teams within the company, including our R&D, Premium, Ad Sales, and Marketing organizations. As a lawyer at Spotify, you will partner with and provide guidance to our R&D teams, particularly those developing innovative new audio formats and experiences.
Our work is cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving, so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach
What you'll do
- You will primarily partner with and provide legal guidance to the Research & Development organization at Spotify. You will work throughout all stages of product development and design and technology procurement and deployment.
- Advise on global legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to the strategic development of the business, particularly on interactivity and communication, innovative audio and video formats, marketplace services and other new ways for creators and podcasters to reach their audiences.
- Provide product counseling and advice to our R&D teams on global regulations, consumer protection, privacy and data protection, security, content, intellectual property, and other relevant legal issues, questions and requests;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for third-party software and services, as necessary to support the development of new features and formats.
- Advise on the launch of new and innovative products, formats and services across multiple markets;
- Conducting legal review in connection with expansion into new markets and ensuring our products comply with legal developments in existing markets;
- Establishing and maintaining all product-related legal resources, such as privacy notices, terms of service, etc.;
- Maintaining a proficient understanding of international legal and policy developments that may affect the product and tech aspects of the business;
- Improving our standard form agreements and legal processes that help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach.
Who you are
- J.D., LLM (or equivalent), with admission to at least one bar (or qualification for Registered In-house counsel in NY).
- Combined 5-7+ years of relevant experience working in a law firm and in-house legal department.
- Experienced in product counseling on interactive and communication platforms and the legal issues that apply to them (e.g., regulation of interactive and communications services, broadcast regulations, and telecommunications law).
- Strong working knowledge and experience working with product counseling, intellectual property and legal issues relating to digital products, technology, privacy, consumer protection, and media.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify and attack work to be done without being instructed.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and dig in on the details of projects and work well as part of a team — both with other lawyers and with non-legal stakeholders.
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel business teams by providing pragmatic, commercial and timely advice.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.